diabetic neuropathy

Status
Not open for further replies.
thankyou for posting the link! I'm going to hit the follow button on my own diabetes blog and add you to my watch list 🙂

ty Lee i will have a shufties 2moro before Work x

I've just a quick skim through some of your entries and my god, i can't believe how useless your doctors were and how long it took them to diagnose you. That's so bloody awful 😡

Your story has brought a tear to my eye hun, it really had *hug*

well i was far too much of a bloke not too go the the docs earlier on!! so its a lesson to my fellow gents out there who say.. "nah i am ok.. i will see the doc tomorrow"
xx

thanks for posting Lee, haven't had chance to read all the way back, but seems you are have had a bad time of it. Hope you get some improvement to your symptoms soon

Hi Lee, I took a brief look at your blog earlier and it looked very interesting. I will read it all properly once Ive washed the dye out of my hair :D

well i was far too much of a bloke not too go the the docs earlier on!! so its a lesson to my fellow gents out there who say.. "nah i am ok.. i will see the doc tomorrow"
xx

Haven't read your blog but will try to, only reason I went to see quack was my vision was shot! Nearly had a tear in eye when I went to optician!!

I Just looked at a couple of your videos (wow I had to try my best to hold back the tears, those were emotional!) and read your blog I also read your article for Men's Health. I think it's so good of you, trying so hard to spread the word to other people and get them to go to the doctors! Sounds like you've had a very rough time :( Doctors really don't seem to know about diabetes and neuropathy 😱 I had honestly never heard of 'Autonomic' neuropathy, but I will now do my research! x

oops, I forgot to say... LOVE your phototography 🙂 I attempt my own, but not very good at it. Well, definitely not with the 35mm film camera im just learning to use :D

Which reminds me, need to get a couple of films developed!

Last edited:
Hi Katie... thanks... doing the blog works both for me as a kinda therapy... very stubborn.. i have never been very good at listening to what people tell me lol... and it is also helping spread the word and raise awareness .... so feel free to pass it on xx.. the article was done through Diabetes Uk... came out well x.. and as for the photography compliments are always greatly appreciated... the photography helps keep my mind off it and gets me out... so as long as you enjoy it then it must be good xx

oh and as for not knowing about neuropathy.. not many people do ..but nearly 70% of diabetics will get some form of neuropathy in their life,,,, so if you are going to do more research... well my work here is done lol xx

Hi Katie... thanks... doing the blog works both for me as a kinda therapy... very stubborn.. i have never been very good at listening to what people tell me lol... and it is also helping spread the word and raise awareness .... so feel free to pass it on xx.. the article was done through Diabetes Uk... came out well x.. and as for the photography compliments are always greatly appreciated... the photography helps keep my mind off it and gets me out... so as long as you enjoy it then it must be good xx

oh and as for not knowing about neuropathy.. not many people do ..but nearly 70% of diabetics will get some form of neuropathy in their life,,,, so if you are going to do more research... well my work here is done lol xx

I will definitely pass your link on 🙂 I'm sure admin will put it on the 'Blogs and sites of interest' page too.

I knew about neuropathy, but I had never heard of your specific type. Ive only really heard about it affecting feet/legs, hands.

Hi, interesting blog, only briefly looked at it, sorry to hear of your struggles. Will read more when i have time, take care 🙂

raise awareness

just wanted to re post this for any new people on the site and would like to talk about neuropathy x

Hi Lee, just read your blog. Made some good reading and actually a little scary. I was diagnosed with diabetes a year ago at the age of twenty eight, I have looked after myself by sorting diet out and cutting back on drinking.
About thre weks ago I was diagnosed with neuropathy. Doc said it would get worse over months and hopefully years. As it is I woke up three weeks after inital diagnosis, on xmas morn, and it has now spread to my hands. I am waiting for docs to reopen tommorow.
I'm not frightened to admit I am scared but your blog has made me realise that I am not the only one to be suffering, for this I thank you.

Its not how hard we hit, its how hard we can get hit and keep moving forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back