Diabetic Neuropathy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moadeeb

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I have been suffering from this these past 2 years. Severe Pain in both legs and feet to the point i cannot feel my feet and losing muscle mass in both calf and thigh muscles. I lose my balance and quite a few times my legs have given way a couple of times in public you just look so silly. Most days i get flashes of nerve pain in my feet it's terribly painful at if it happens in the evening got no chance of sleep. It has spread now these past few months to both arms and hands. Yet all my Dr does is sign me off sick true i can hardly walk now and need walking sticks but i get too out of breath after 10 yards. My Dr hasn't even booked me an appointment to see a Neurologist and now it takes 52 weeks to get to see one totally fed up now

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum.
One thing that can make a difference is how well your blood glucose level is managed but there are also medications that may help some people. Have you been prescribed any of those?
Perhaps if you say a bit more about how you manage your condition and what your HbA1C is that will help people make some suggestions.
The fact you are getting out of breath sounds as if you need more input from your GP on that issue, I would contact them for an appointment emphasising that issue.

My Diabetes is controlled by Insulin Novomix 30 thats it i was taking Metformin for years but that never seemed to work so i'm on insulin now have been since 2019. Guess i'm just unlucky yes i have smoked since i was 14 but i don't do drugs and i'm teetotal.

My Diabetes is controlled by Insulin Novomix 30 thats it i was taking Metformin for years but that never seemed to work so i'm on insulin now have been since 2019. Guess i'm just unlucky yes i have smoked since i was 14 but i don't do drugs and i'm teetotal.
Are you testing your blood glucose to see if the type of insulin and dose is keeping your blood glucose at an acceptable level.
You may need a different insulin regime if not.
Smoking is probably not helping your breathlessness, I sure your GP would be encouraging with help to give up as it will have an impact on your condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back