Diabetic Neuoropathy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimthelad

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
This may not be relevant in this forum but I can not find one suitable. I would like to make contact with anyone who has or had diabetic focal neuoropathy. For me this affects the front left and right thighs and the upper and lower abdomen. Tried gabapentin amitriptyline and acupuncture all to no avail so far. It is very painful and debilatating. Would very much appreciate any feedback,

Please can a mod move this to general forum please 🙂 Missing my powers lol!

I have neuropathy affecting my feet, and it's under reasonable control at the moment, I am using gabapentin, but see that hasn't worked for you.

pregablin is a similar drug that seems to be more effective and works quickly, it is more expensive though so they usually try something cheaper as first line. I wonder if your hospital has a chronic pain team? they might be able to help as they seem to approach things very holistically.

I hope you get some relief soon.

I'll give this a push up to give as many people as possible a chance to see and help if they can. I hope you feel better and get help soon.

Hi, I have a form of neuropathy which is transient, in my feet. Currently taking gabapentin. It's under control at the moment and am having little to no problems 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back