Diabetic medicine nurse not calling

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILikeSugar :|

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hello so on July the 7th I was supposed to get a call from my diabetic medicine nurse but I wasn't able to make the call due to work, so in the message it said text back rebook if I can't make it so I did so and I haven't heard anything from them since, I was just wondering who I'd call to get hold of them as I'm not sure what is going on its been ages?

Where do you get your insulin etc from? Is it the GP surgery? If yes the nurse may be based there? When you were diagnosed were you under the care of the hospital diabetes department? If yes then it could be the nurse based there. If you phone either of these they should be able to let you know who your nurse is. Who did you text to change the original appointment?
Unfortunately/fortunately (dependent upon how you view it) we have a lot of personal responsibility for looking after our diabetes and making sure that we get appointments etc so good luck with getting your appointment sorted.

Are you under a diabetic clinic at an hospital or just your GP surgery? If a clinic at the hospital, then ring and ask to be put through to the clinic and leave a message.

Where do you get your insulin etc from? Is it the GP surgery? If yes the nurse may be based there? When you were diagnosed were you under the care of the hospital diabetes department? If yes then it could be the nurse based there. If you phone either of these they should be able to let you know who your nurse is. Who did you text to change the original appointment?
Unfortunately/fortunately (dependent upon how you view it) we have a lot of personal responsibility for looking after our diabetes and making sure that we get appointments etc so good luck with getting your
Thank you very much I'm really not sure I get my insulin from my GP but I don't think they're based there I might be wrong though I'll give them a call tomorrow and I think I was just in a normal ward when I was diagnosed, they called me first so it wasn't me who arranged the appointments I'm sure I'll find them

I'm just with my GP I think
Call your GP then. If the nurse isn't based there, they should be able to tell you where she is based as she must write letters to them to tell them what insulin to prescribe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back