Diabetic long johns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lin1087

Relationship to Diabetes
Carer/Partner
Hi there
My hubby struggles with anything tight around his shins/ankles.
We discovered loose grip socks some years ago, they are great, as he's prone to ulcers. I have noticed recently that his long johns are rubbing at the elasticated cuffs. Does anyone know if there are a diabetic alternative psir with a looser fit?
Thank you in advance

Hi there
My hubby struggles with anything tight around his shins/ankles.
We discovered loose grip socks some years ago, they are great, as he's prone to ulcers. I have noticed recently that his long johns are rubbing at the elasticated cuffs. Does anyone know if there are a diabetic alternative psir with a looser fit?
Thank you in advance
You could try cutting off the elasticated cuff. Thermal underwear doesn't usually have a cuff at the bottom, look on Amazon there may be something that fits the bill

You could try cutting off the elasticated cuff. Thermal underwear doesn't usually have a cuff at the bottom, look on Amazon there may be something that fits the bill
Thanks for replying, I have been into matalan today for a look, they all have elasticated cuffs too. I thought of cutting them off, I'll maybe give that a try. I just asked incase anyone knew of a diabetic clothing supplier.

Thanks for replying, I have been into matalan today for a look, they all have elasticated cuffs too. I thought of cutting them off, I'll maybe give that a try. I just asked incase anyone knew of a diabetic clothing supplier.
I suspect it is a bit like foods, they are not allowed to be labelled or sold as diabetic foods.

We both used to have (thermal) long johns we used to wear under our motorbike leathers in the winter months. Made a huge difference to comfort esp when riding out anywhere involving any distance on fast roads - motorways throughout Europe are wind tunnels on a bike. I seem to recall that Damart used to do them with ribbed ankles.

We both used to have (thermal) long johns we used to wear under our motorbike leathers in the winter months. Made a huge difference to comfort esp when riding out anywhere involving any distance on fast roads - motorways throughout Europe are wind tunnels on a bike. I seem to recall that Damart used to do them with ribbed ankles.
Thank you very much for replying, I'll check damart and see if they still do them x

Rather than cutting the cuff off the Matalan ones, maybe just cut a slit up the back or side of each cuff and then over sew cut edges to prevent fraying.

I purchased some light weight trousers that could act as long John's from CJ Sports. It's the man who owned Newcastle United .

The had a zip at the bottom of the leg.

What about wearing leggings or sports tights instead of long johns?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back