Diabetic Halle Berry confesses a love for french fries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Kidnap star Halle Berry isn't letting a long standing medical condition stop her from enjoying a night on the tiles.

The 48-year-old, who lives with Type 2 diabetes - a condition where the body is unable to produce enough insulin to process sugar into energy - told Sydney's Kyle And Jackie O Show that she sips wine to prevent a blood sugar spike.

'I'm diabetic so I don't have sweets but I do have a nice glass of red wine and that's my weakness,' she said.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ays-enjoys-nice-glass-red-wine-night-out.html

I thought she was T1. :confused:

The description in the article is more akin to type 1 (where it refers to the body not producing enough insulin) but not exclusively so.

Type 2 is more normally associated with insulin resistance eventually leading to poor insulin production.

They may have got a bit muddled. But it is the rag that is the daily fail that we are talking about here!

Ooh there was a big fuss about Halle, she was apparently diagnosed as type 1 and took insulin to treat it but then changed her diet and came off the insulin, the press picked it up and the American diabetes association were upset and then everyone concluded that she was type 2 instead and was misdiagnosed with type 1. African Americans apparently have a strong genetic predisposition towards ketosis prone type 2 so it makes sense I suppose, but it's all very mysterious if you look it up 🙂

Oh yeah, Halle Berry's found a cure...isn't she maaarvellous! (tongue very much in cheek).🙄

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back