Diabetic friendly bars and cookies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hungry

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Has anyone tried or have a view on either Diablo cookies from Holland & Barat or plant based ‘Misfit’ bars. All are low carb and sugar free?

Sugar free doesn't mean carb free though and it's carbs people with diabetes struggle to cope with, the chocolate chip diablo cookies have 12g carbs per biscuit, that's more than a dark chocolate digestive, also they contain sweeteners which are known to have a laxative effect if you aren't careful xx

Sugar free doesn't mean carb free though and it's carbs people with diabetes struggle to cope with, the chocolate chip diablo cookies have 12g carbs per biscuit, that's more than a dark chocolate digestive, also they contain sweeteners which are known to have a laxative effect if you aren't careful xx
Thanks, the coconut cookies have 5.8 carbs per biscuit. I’m experimenting and looking for viable treat options

Personally after being given a Diablo hamper on diagnosis. Unless you want your guts to turn inside out and have a passion for spending unlimited time in porcelain palace… avoid.

Saying that, I am a delicate flower maybe others have a different experience

On the other hand these are great and only 6.9 grams carbs. Lovely with a cuppa

Attachments

• 2FBDF573-0B3A-4167-BD8B-7BB68E2A7800.png
    2FBDF573-0B3A-4167-BD8B-7BB68E2A7800.png
    147.1 KB · Views: 38
Thanks, the coconut cookies have 5.8 carbs per biscuit. I’m experimenting and looking for viable treat options

Go careful my friend, some of those sweeteners lead to sudden impulses to evacuate your bowels.

You know those round fruit shortcake biscuits, with the sugar on the top of them? The Tesco's ones are all of 5g carb apiece, and taste and feel exceedingly naughty! Those and dark choc digestives were my faves before I had diabetes and still are my faves 50 years later!

Indulgent without going berserk.

Has anyone tried or have a view on either Diablo cookies from Holland & Barat or plant based ‘Misfit’ bars. All are low carb and sugar free?
I was brought these before they still have same amount of carbs in like most other auger free stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back