Diabetic foot ulcer questionnaire study - volunteers wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christina S

Relationship to Diabetes
HCP/Researcher
Have you ever had a diabetic foot ulcer, or are you a carer or relative of someone who has? Our researchers are looking for people who have had DFUs, and carers and family members to take part in 2-3 online questionnaires to identify the most important resources (service, supports and aids) to include in a future questionnaire. Email reduce@nottingham.ac.uk to find out more.

As a person with a DFU, carer or family member we are writing to ask whether you would like to take part in a new study. The research team are conducting an on-line questionnaire study with up to 25 patient representatives (people with DFUs, their carers and/or family members), to seek agreement on the items that would be important to be included in a questionnaire about use of personal and healthcare resources which would be given to participants to complete in the future clinical trial.

Researchers have developed an intervention called REDUCE which targets the psychological and behavioural risk factors associated with diabetic foot ulcer (DFU) recurrence and healing. Determining the cost of REDUCE and whether this cost is justified when compared against usual care is required as part of a future trial. The purpose of this study is ensure the set of questions to be included in the questionnaire represents a consensus view from people who have had DFUs or the people living and/or caring for them . This will help us identify which items are most important to capture the resources and associated costs of DFUs from the perspective of the NHS, the patient and society.

If you decide to take part, you will be asked to complete a thirty minute on-line questionnaire. Two weeks after completing the first questionnaire you will be asked to complete another thirty minute online questionnaire. If needed, we may also ask you to complete a third thirty minute questionnaire after the second questionnaire. You will be involved in the study for approximately ninety minutes in total.

If you complete all of the questionnaires we will send you a £10 high street voucher as a thank you for your time.

If you have any questions or would like to take part please do not hesitate to contact:
Christina Sheehan, REDUCE Programme Manager
Email:
reduce@nottingham.ac.uk

Last edited:
This has been approved. Please help if you can.

Have you ever had a diabetic foot ulcer, or are you a carer or relative of someone who has? Our researchers are looking for people who have had DFUs, and carers and family members to take part in 2-3 online questionnaires to identify the most important resources (service, supports and aids) to include in a future questionnaire. Please click here: https://nottingham.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/reduce-dr1-pcf to be taken to the participant information sheet, consent form and first questionnaire.

Done

I haven`t got an actual ulcer but I am at very high risk including Charcot Foot,
would it be worth me trying the survey?

I haven`t got an actual ulcer but I am at very high risk including Charcot Foot,
would it be worth me trying the survey?
Thank you so much for your interest and for posting this question. Unfortunately this questionnaire is only for those who have had a foot ulcer or are carers or family members of someone who has. The focus at this stage is on resource use by those who have or have had had an ulcer or support someone who has. I appreciate your time checking and for highlighting this.

Have you ever had a diabetic foot ulcer, or are you a carer or relative of someone who has? Our researchers are looking for people who have had DFUs, and carers and family members to take part in 2-3 online questionnaires to identify the most important resources (service, supports and aids) to include in a future questionnaire. Please click here for more information: https://nottingham.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/reduce-dr1-pcf.
If you complete all of the questionnaires we will send you a £10 high street voucher as a thank you for your time.
If you have any questions or would like to take part please do not hesitate to contact:
Christina Sheehan, REDUCE Programme Manager
Email:
reduce@nottingham.ac.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back