Diabetic eye screening scheme

Status
Not open for further replies.

CurlyT

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hello all,

Just a quick question to ask if anyone has had need recently (within the last 3 months) to contact this service at all?

My last screening was July 22, but I have heard nothing so far this year. The email address on the letter bounces back that it doesn't exist anymore. (miul.administration@nhs.net) and the phone number doesn't connect (0333 666 0167) stating that I have dialled an incorrect number.

Everywhere I Google search shows that number however, and I have not managed to find anything to say anything has changed.

I have rung my GP who referred me to the above number and said they can't help. I rang the hospital I usually go to to have the test done and they have told me to ring the GP... they cannot help because they don't arrange it, just provide the office space for it to be carried out.

It could be I've just been unlucky and they have had an outage or something, but interested to see if anyone else has had any problems?

Cheers!

Some if no prior problems are being put on2 yearly screening.

I thought this was arrange by region.
I have a different contact because I am in a different area.

@helli Yes, I think you're right. The 0333 used to be a national number which connected you wherever you lived in the UK I think. But that seems to have been disconnected, so we have to call the local number (which I couldn't find). That website suggested mine and they had my details so all good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back