Diabetic drinking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cliff

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
To some extent, I'm fortunate in that my tipple of choice for many years has been red wine and so, as a moderate drinker even pre-diagnosis, my alcohol habits have not really had to change. However, at this time of year, a cold glass of dry cider really hits the spot. Anyone tested on dry cider? Same as or worse than a lager?

I am a big cider fan cliff, especially scrumpy cider, beautiful! and for me it doesnt make any difference than a lager at all, but obviously that depends on much of it!

I am a big cider fan cliff, especially scrumpy cider, beautiful! and for me it doesnt make any difference than a lager at all, but obviously that depends on much of it!

Ah now, there's part of the problem - naturally, the only thing better than your first pint is your second!

Red wine is neutral for me or, if anything, tends to reduce my levels...but there are some nice chilled ciders in the fridge and I can hear them calling...

I've found that cider seems to affect me far less than lager, Cliff - you'll have to conduct a few experiments 😉

I've found that cider seems to affect me far less than lager, Cliff - you'll have to conduct a few experiments 😉

A fine idea. Well worth a test strip investment. Not tonight though as I've already eaten but next sunny day for sure.

hi

i find that vodka and diet coke seems to work a treat, and doesnt effect my levels that much.

As a result though i have a rather large hangover today and england didnt even win!

Hey, that's your 100th post! That calls for a celebration! 🙂

Senior Member too - I must develop an added sense of responsibility for sure :D

So, with my new found sense of responsibility, I've cracked open a bottle of claret - cheers!

Senior Member too - I must develop an added sense of responsibility for sure :D

So, with my new found sense of responsibility, I've cracked open a bottle of claret - cheers!

Cheers Ciff! Enjoy! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back