Diabetic Dog Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

NiVZ

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hello,

Seen the posts about the tamagotchi idea for use as a training aid, and also for all the 'diabetic police' who think diabetes is so easy to control.

I knew I remembered seeing some sort of virtual diabetes game and finally tracked it down.

So for all your friends who think diabetes is so easy, let's see how well they do looking after a virtual diabetic dog:

http://nobelprize.org/educational/medicine/insulin/game/insulin.html

(of course it's not so easy for us as we don't have the CGM in the bottom left of the screen)

NiVZ

Last edited:
Interesting.

Unfortunately, one aspect of diabetes that I wasn't previously aware of caused me to lose my dog.

It turned invisible 😱

Andy

Interesting.

Unfortunately, one aspect of diabetes that I wasn't previously aware of caused me to lose my dog.

It turned invisible 😱

Andy

Any name i am entering for the dog has been declined so far.:(

I know a Diabetic dog called Jenny. Unfortunately she is now blind and deaf :(

Yayy this is a good game, dog has had high and low blood sugar already 😱

It also goes to show that I should never be in charge of a diabetic dog. The first thing I bought it was a bowl of honey!! :(

Andy 🙄

It also goes to show that I should never be in charge of a diabetic dog. The first thing I bought it was a bowl of honey!! :(

Andy 🙄

naughty boy so far mine has had some broccoli and some chicken with 4 bottles of water.

lol. my friend's dad who looks after the idabetic dog actually takes honey around with him when takiing her for a walk :D once he had to buy her fish and chips because she had a funny turn. It costs them over ?5 a day for her insulin :/

My dog is alive so far but her levels swing really easily. God knows how much she would cost me in Insulin.

I also couldn't be bothered to read the dog owner's manual.

Andy "conforming to stereotypes" HB 🙂

oh my god i have had my licence revoked , it would not let me walk him, and he kept getting a bone symbol above his head that i could not work out what it meant, dear god im so shockingly bad

oh my god i have had my licence revoked , it would not let me walk him, and he kept getting a bone symbol above his head that i could not work out what it meant, dear god im so shockingly bad

me too within 3 mins he was taken from me .....:(

this game made me lol, posted it on my facebook though.

Fun, but need to get my non-D partner to play - bet he makes a hash of it!! hehe

lol. my friend's dad who looks after the idabetic dog actually takes honey around with him when takiing her for a walk :D once he had to buy her fish and chips because she had a funny turn. It costs them over ?5 a day for her insulin :/

My dog is alive so far but her levels swing really easily. God knows how much she would cost me in Insulin.

That must be so bad, I would do it for my wittle doggy though.....:D........or should i say big....

Any name i am entering for the dog has been declined so far.:(
After several failure, I jokingly typed in Usousousouso and it's been accepted! So this is my dog's name!😱

lol you sound surprised .:D
:D
Usousousouso is a happy dog. Well fed and attended.
I want more items at the shop though, more foods and more things to buy for my Usousousouso. (Hard to type this name!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back