Diabetic Carlisle Railway Man Sacked By Rail Bosses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
A Virgin Trains employee, who claimed bosses wanted rid of him because he suffers from diabetes, has been sacked.

Kevin Allen, 55, was dismissed yesterday from his job as a customer services assistant at Carlisle station on grounds of gross misconduct.

He predicted the sacking last week when he told the News & Star that managers had accused him of ?manipulating? company doctors to get a ?cushy shift?.

Speaking after yesterday?s disciplinary hearing, he said: ?They didn?t listen to a thing I had to say. They accused me of lying to the doctors and wouldn?t listen to reason.

?I was expecting it but it was still a slap in the face. I feel dreadful. There?s a stigma now against my name.?

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/d...-rail-bosses-1.938180?referrerPath=sport/reds

Fancy the same company employing 4 different easily manipulated OH doctors in different locations one after the other.

That's really bad luck for that to happen all in one year, isn't it, don't you think? ... she asked - with her tongue so far in her cheek, that she was almost choking .....

I wouldn't mind knowing the details of what he had done.

Agree with you there Paul...

He was diagnosed with diabetes 27 years ago, and they have employed him for 13 years, so I can't see where he can claim he is being picked on because he has diabetes. He complains he has to eat before work (I thought all diabetics had to eat before work), so they give him a shift starting at 11 am, he then complains he can't stand, so they give him a sitting down customer service job on a platform, he's not happy with that because its quiet and not many people around. Yea, thats unfair

Agree with you there Paul...

He was diagnosed with diabetes 27 years ago, and they have employed him for 13 years, so I can't see where he can claim he is being picked on because he has diabetes. He complains he has to eat before work (I thought all diabetics had to eat before work), so they give him a shift starting at 11 am, he then complains he can't stand, so they give him a sitting down customer service job on a platform, he's not happy with that because its quiet and not many people around. Yea, thats unfair

Crikey! How much does this chap eat in the morning!! 😱

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back