Diabetic aches and pains

Status
Not open for further replies.

lateralthinker

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi all

First post new member so be gentle

I have type 2 diabetes and for the last few months have been suffering with muscle tightness in th back of my thighs/hamstring areas and also my glutes. This only really occurs when sitting on my couch for extended periods until I need to Stand to relieve the ache and pain or stretch my hamstring etc.

I have changed sofa cushions just in case but to no avail

I was wondering if anybody else has suffered in this way and any tips or tricks to help ease the aching etc

I currently take 75mg amitryptline but isn’t helping much

Also I am over 200kg for reference
Hope you all are wel

Jordan

Last edited:
Hi Jordan,

Can you tell us a bit more about you and your T2?
How long have you been diagnosed? How well do you manage your BG?

You mention being over 200kg so are there any other health conditions you have to deal with as well as the diabetes?

I think sitting for a long time can do that. Also dehydration? Not necessarily anything to do with diabetes.

Hi, many thanks for your replies

I was diagnosed just over 2 years ago after routine bloods revealed my hba1c at over 100

Since then I’ve been on 1000mg metformin and recently for about a year on linigliptin (not sure on mg)

I go through peaks and troughs with blood sugar control and know I need to consistently manage this better hence I have now started a calorie deficit diet to lose weight as well

In terms of other conditions I am a 4 time cancer survivor and deal with effects of this which is things like depression but also bad lung capacity

I sit down for maybe an hour straight at a time before moving for a drink or whatever but seems to differ day to day on severity

I am fully aware that a better bg control and exercise will help its more so the interim to relieve as I am not able to relax as much due to this issue

Cheere

Jordan

Sorry to hear about your aches and pains @lateralthinker

Are there any other changes to your routine that you can identify over the same period. Have you been more active? Walking more? Or conversely… getting out and about less as the autumn closed in?

Sounds pretty uncomfortable and frustrating :(

Well done on your new eating plan. Hope it works well for you. Let us know how it goes 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back