diabetes

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayjay

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
am a diabetic and have been 4 the last 22 years and ive had a really bad time with it am on 4 injetions a day and its the quick acting insulin that i use and ive been in so many comas that ive lost count how many times ive been in hospital ive also had 2 stoks and 3 heart attacks and i had a accient in 2001 and also have metal rods in my right leg witch causes a lot of pain i take morpin 4 the pains

Hi jayjay welcome to DS. Sorry to hear you've had a bad time of things, hopefully you will find some support here. Which fast acting are you on? have the comas been related to hypos? How are you calculating your fast acting doses?

Do you find your diabetes team supportive?

Hi Jayjay, I'm sorry you are having such a tough time. We can give all kinds of support and advice, but as you have been in a coma, perhaps your diabetic care team or a doctor can help?

I have a friend from another forum who describes himself as a stroke survivor who has a great sense of humor. If you go to www.diabetesbuddies.com and post a message for Dray, he will cheer you up no end.

I hope you feel better soon.

hi jayjay,

sorry to hear your having a bad time of it. have your care team offered anything to help??

Hi Jayjay, are you feeling better? Keep your chin up. Might pay you to talk to your care team too, see if they can offer any advise or support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back