Diabetes UK Volunteering Conferences 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallycorker

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I've just registered to attend one of the regional DUK Vounteering Conferences that are due to start this week.

Details of the dates and venues can be seen via the following lik:

http://www.diabetes.org.uk/Get_involved ... nces_2010/

Is anyone else attending any of the various conferences?

It's my first time and not sure what to expect. Has anyone been previously and got a view on their usefulness?

John

Are you going to the Darlington one? I'm going to be there, and I've been asked to speak briefly 🙂
Yes - that's the one that I've registered for although I could just as easy gone to Derby, Peterborough or Preston even!

I look forward to hearing you speak and meeting you again. Glad that you weren't put off by being surrounded by all the old folk at the York meeting.

Any idea as to how many are likely to be there? Have you been before?

John

Last edited:
Haha, no, it didn't scare me off! 🙂

This is the first one I've been to - I wasn't actually planning to go, but Rose asked me if I'd come along! Seems like there should be a decent enough crowd there, though I'm not sure on numbers.

.................Seems like there should be a decent enough crowd there, though I'm not sure on numbers..........
Maybe a couple of thousand or so - all waiting to listen to you speak! 😱

First time I've seen these. I'm working both weekends of the 2 events nearest to me, and can't afford travel to more distant one. Please let us know what happens (well, the bits you can tell us!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back