Diabetes UK outlines challenging new targets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Diabetes UK has set a target of halving the rate of increase of Type 2 diabetes and halving the complication rate for people with diabetes, within five years.
It also intends to increase the life expectancy for people with both Type 2 and Type 1 diabetes, who currently die, on average, ten to 20 years younger than the general population.

The charity?s recently-appointed chief executive, Baroness Barbara Young, outlined the challenging targets in her opening plenary at the Trustee Exchange conference in London yesterday.

http://www.civilsociety.co.uk/gover.../diabetes_uk_outlines_challenging_new_targets

Assuming that Type 2 is caused by Genetic factors - the growth of Type 2 might be causes by the proliferation of the genes as populations grow.

Does that mean that she will prevent us Type 2's from procreating until they can develop a gene therapy to neutralise the offending genes, assuming they can identify them? :confused:😱🙄😉

(and yes I am intentionally being devils advocate)

I doubt she'll single handedly obliterate T1 either LOL

I'm glad she didn't increas emy life expectancy before I bought my Impaired Life Annuity ....... does she realise what a dis-service she's potentially doing us as we age?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back