Diabetes UK membership?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lizzie

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi all

I seem to remember in a past issue of Balance reading that the membership cost of DUK would be somehow tiered and the cost would change. I have recently received my new card and am just about to send off my cheque, but the membership cost seems the same at ?23. Am I going mad? Did I dream it? Or am I confusing the membership changes with some other organisation? I am not complaining, ?23 is blinding value for what you get, many other places are far more expensive. But I just seem to remember reading about it and am wondering if I really did. :confused:

If you go to their website there's some information on the front page about the changes to membership. I think it's only just coming in now so everyone so far has just had the usual renewal request, mine was due in april and just continued at the same price.

I think mine was the same ?23. I have read the thing on the homepage about changes to the membership, but didn't really get it. Not sure what more will be avaliable.

Ok thanks. I have emailed their Supporter Services asking how the changes will affect current members. Apart from anything else, newstyle members can join online - I would like to be able to do this, I rarely do anything by post or phone these days.

I just looked through the procedure and it suggests the following 'donations':

Monthly: ?1.50, ?2.00, ?3.00 or your choice.
Annually: ?18, ?24, ?36 or your choice.

It doesn't say whether you still get Balance if you're particularly mean!😱🙄

I decided to take out a life membership, saves having to keep renewing and must cut down on admin costs for them. I'd already tried it for a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back