Diabetes UK meetings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawney

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi

I just wanted to show the email I got yesterday regarding support group meetings. I live in Sale, Cheshire which falls under the Trafford area. Just thought I would copy it incase there is anyone in the area who wants to learn more or need face to face support. I will be contacting Don for details and will consider joining. 🙂🙂

Hi Dawn,

The Diabetes UK Trafford group are a general support group and is open to anyone. Groups typically meet on a monthly basis to offer support to those who are keen to learn more or who are struggling with their diabetes. These support sessions are a chance to share experiences and learning. However, groups also partake in other activities. Many groups are active fundraisers in their local community, have representatives on local health boards, hold awareness raising events, plan outings and campaign to improve local services.
The contact for the group is Mr Don McGeachin, who can be reached on 0161 8656008 for further information such as meeting times/ location.

If you would like me to search our database to see if there is another group closer then the Trafford group, please provide me with your full postal code.

http://www.diabetes.org.uk/Get_involved/Online-communities/

Thanks for that Dawney , Im down the road from you in Liverpool 🙂 I might take a look , before i move back south.

Good to know there is a group near someone. To get to my nearest group I need to take two buses.

Hi Caroline

How long have you been going, and do you find them helpful, supportive and informative, as I am going to contact them to join.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back