Diabetes UK ignores me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

C*5_Dodger

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
You may have gathered by now that I favour a controlled carbohydrate approach to blood glucose control. I have been trying to get Diabetes UK to at least acknowledge that a controlled carbohydrate approach is viable. I sent them a short paper outlining the case for a controlled carbohydrate approach, however to date they have not responded on this issue. If you would like a copy of this paper, send me an E-Mail

Hi,
I to have been following a carbohydrate controled diet, and (as a type 1) it has helped me bring my Hba1c down to 6.1.
I have looked at a book by dr Bernstein and there is a lot of other research into low carbohydrate dieting.
It really annoys me that none of these ideas/research never seem to feature in diabetes UK magazines ect..
I think that people should be made aware of all the treatment options - whilst I obviously still have to use insulin, the ammount of insulin I am taking has seriously been reduced and I have a much tighter sugar control.

🙂😉

apparently the dieticians at Diabetes Uk are looking to update their dietary advice so we shall see what they come up with.

For me I think it woudl be good for people to be provided with the option. But generally people want to be told what to do, not that they have to work it out for themselves. But only as an option, I hear from alot of low carbers that it's the only way possible for type 2's, and they don't believe anyone who says otherwise. Bernstein has some good ideas but is too extreme in my opinion and not safe for many people using insulin.

mattie whilst I think that 6.1 is a great Hba1c,I suspect Bernstein would think it was dangerously high.

Mattie,
I think an A1c of 6.1% is great, but Nikki is right Bernstein believes that all Diabetics have a right (duty) to have normal blood sugars. The paper I wrote did not seek to push only low carb but offered it as an alternative. Doing low carb is NOT easy, many people would, in my opinion, find it too much trouble, but for those who can stand it, it is an approach that works. I have been diabetic for 15 years, you can see the results in my signature.

Regards Dodger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back