Diabetes UK Christmas cards! POSTAGE CON!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sugarbum

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I just made my purchase of two different types of cards from DUK.

They have their "own" shop and a "Diabetes UK Shop" (stay with me here...!) which when you click on it sells a whole range of stuff, including another range of christmas cards.

I wanted one design from 'their' shop- a snowy parliment scene, and another design from the DUK shop, forrest glow.

Anyway, here's the rant- I have paid 2 lots of postage, ?2.50 and then ?4.99!

What a con! Splitting the nest cards between there two different shops, shame is that I didnt 'round up' for a donation after that as the postage came out pricey 🙄

Last year I bought JDRF ones, so this year went DUK again. But what a joke?!

You should write and complain, that's unnecessary and an example of how clumsy the set up of their site can be in some respects. :(

Yeah, I wanted to it before I ordered as I knew it was they way, but to be honest I couldnt be bothered so its my own fault. But that is ?7.50 I would have rather of seen go to the charity.

Just bought a Rufus bear with injection sites off of JDRF for my niece- (I might keep it when I see it!) as a little stocking filler, and 2 calenders from them that I will give as Christmas presents. I wish the Rufus had a toy pump on though, perhaps it might stop her from calling it "Aunties special pink camera"!

...Just bought a Rufus bear with injection sites off of JDRF for my niece- (I might keep it when I see it!) as a little stocking filler, and 2 calenders from them that I will give as Christmas presents. I wish the Rufus had a toy pump on though, perhaps it might stop her from calling it "Aunties special pink camera"!

A good point at which to plug my poem 'My Diabetic Auntie' - a tribute to you! Remember it?

http://diabetespoetry.blogspot.com/2009/09/my-diabetic-auntie.html

:D

Yes! I remember it 🙂

I have the page saved in my "favourites"!

She is very sweet, she did the "Walk for Cure" for the JDRF at Paultons Park last weekend with my name on her and her Grandads. She had a butterfly painted on her face and met Pingu! 3 years old next week....Ive got her the Gruffalo Trunki!

....sorry, gone right off on a tangent there!

Yep...I don't know anything about data bases etc but I do know receiving multiple DUK catalogues is wrong and ?4.99 postage 😱

I think the way DUk is set up is v.odd...but is slowly improving. Recently (as a user rep) ..l've received info. in email form which has been a bit more timely.

I bet your niece will love Rufus 🙂...have you seen these pump toys..very cute.

http://www.angelbearpumpstuff.com/s...6836B157-A9F6-49B0-B1FCA027AC554186&killnav=1

They are from a grandma in the USA . I believe a few of the CWD parents have used this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back