Diabetes survey 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

McPherson

Relationship to Diabetes
HCP/Researcher
We would really appreciate your support. we have 98 volunteers to take part in our survey, leaving only 10 more people required, to make our target of 110 volunteer.
Nearly there !!!

This research is important in finding out what you want and how you feel about your diabetes, so we can put real proposals forward to affect change and better care Thank you

Please take part in the conclusion of our 2021-23 survey below. This study has been approved by @joshDUK

https://teesside.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/phd-mcpherson

Attachments

We would really appreciate your support. we have 98 volunteers to take part in our survey, leaving only 10 more people required, to make our target of 110 volunteer.
Nearly there !!!

This research is important in finding out what you want and how you feel about your diabetes, so we can put real proposals forward to affect change and better care Thank you

Please take part in the conclusion of our 2021-23 survey below. This study has been approved by @joshDUK

Attachments

Done

Only one point to raise

Question 6 'do you require medicine...'

I answered 'None'

But the following related text box asked me to 'Specify'

That was surely an error as I could not specify none any further.

Done

Only one point to raise

Question 6 'do you require medicine...'

I answered 'None'

But the following related text box asked me to 'Specify'

That was surely an error as I could not specify none any further.
Dear Gwynn ,Thankyou so much for replying and taking part in the survey. The survey was designed in a general way, and usually with diabetes patients tend to be on a table of medications for their condition. However this has not fitted your situation, which is interesting. The survey is coming to an end now, but certainly we will look at this design again in the future and thankyou for bringing it to our attention. Best of health in the future and take care.

Fiona McPherson

Has this DUK approval?
Dear Mikey, Thankyou for replying to this survey. Please don't worry this work has been ethically approved over many years and went through strict DUK approval restrictions. Thankyou for your email, hope this helps and good health, take care.
Fiona McPherson

@McPherson
Many of the Yes/No answers probably need more nuance.
I answered Yes to some to enable giving better feedback although at first glance I would have answered No.

@McPherson
Many of the Yes/No answers probably need more nuance.
I answered Yes to some to enable giving better feedback although at first glance I would have answered No.
Dear Bulkbiker, Thankyou so much for taking the time to complete the survey, I am going to look again at what your saying so thankyou. The survey is designed in general and geos through many stringent processes and changes, when taken into ethics. However you raise a good point .Thankyou and I will have to get back to you. Take care .
Fiona McPherson

Nearly there !!!

Attachments

I have responded to the survey but feel many of the questions are inappropriate for me. Type 1 diabetes has not been a reason to limit my diet, alcohol consumption or work.

I have responded to the survey but feel many of the questions are inappropriate for me. Type 1 diabetes has not been a reason to limit my diet, alcohol consumption or work.
Hi Helli, Thankyou so much for responding to the survey Did you feel as I you conveyed your point though, in the survey !!And that you mentioned all of what you have just told me ??. At the moment because I am dealing with data I cannot really respond to you properly, but once the study is finished I will get back to you Helli and we can discuss this further. Thankyou for your feed back Helli, it is very important to us.
Kind regards and take care Fiona McPherson

I agree with this completely.

I can say also that is very rare that anyone with T1 will think they have it when they are diagnosed. Especially if diagnosed as a small child or teen. It is rare in real life that it runs in families and most people have no idea of the symptoms etc. so that question is interesting.

Also not all T2s have “bad” lifestyles or will have been prewarned. I think cases of people suspecting they have it will be low. A poll of this would be interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back