Diabetes Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heidi

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Hi All!

Does anyone know of some good software to go with Bayer's Contour USB - we're using the Glucofacts but not terribly impressed. Before Ross got the USB meter we were using Abbot's CoPilot software alongside the Xceed meter but putting all the info in manually. I was really impressed with CoPilot's details that we could add like what was eaten, carbs, activity and so on.
Glucofacts doesn't have any of that but the meter is brilliant.

So, does anyone have any recommendations that we could use alongside the USB Contour?

Thanks!
Heidi

You could use a spreadsheet (e.g. Excel) and do what you want, add anything and produce graphs!

That'll be our last resort to be honest because we'd have to then put all the bg numbers in manually and our main reason for getting the Contour USB was because we can just plug it in.
If we could somehow get the Contour to go into Excel it'd be brilliant!

As far as I can tell the data must be stored in a special are of the USB memory as I can't see it. It looks like the readings are transferred to your c:/users/username/GlucofactsDeluxe/logs. They mention some software called Barracuda which runs on Java. I couldn't find anything sensible about Barracuda on the internet other than some presentation software whose last release was in 2007, and something that looked possible but was client/server software. So I don't see unless you can find a free java expert to dig deeper how you can do anything with the stick except use Glucofacts.
It's a pity as I would like to remove some of my readings (like the coke tests or sticky fingers) and add in readings from my other meter.

According to their website it should be possible to delete readings that are incorrect - we get quite a few of those as Ross is 12 and has a real aversion to soap and water! However, I've not worked out yet how we can do that on the meter. Every time we plug it in to the PC it asks us if we want to download Glucofacts Delux (which comes as plug and play on the meter) but the website says it's currently unavailable due to technical problems. I'm hoping that this is because Bayer is working on new software for the meter which will include all the whistles and bells that we want! 🙂

There are a number of inconsistencies in the help file, possibly because it covers the Breeze and other contour meters. A number of people have complained that if you have the breeze and contour metes you can no longer get the software. I don't see how you can install the software on your pc, which means you cannot use it for multiple persons, you cannot change the location of the database. The help file says you can only delete readings that have been manually added, the buttons they describe for adding readings and deleting readings are not there.

All a bit of a pile of poo really.

I have a usb ding ding too and it is v nice, I am trying to get into the habit of printing some graphs every month to see any patterns etc.
I haven't looked into additional functions but will do and will report back if I find anything.
What does spring to mind is if you can add an additional Mark and several marks can you not just add the information you want to here, maybe it would be a bit long winded, what did the other CoPilot do with this additional information? Could you view it separately in graphs, see how your insulin useage varies, and your carb intake? Sounds good.

Rossi.

The CoPilot allows you to put in the food and carb numbers, type of exercise, insulin injected, all those types of things. I think the software is aimed more at those using pumps but it was brilliant for all the 'extras' - the only drawback was that the numbers had to be put in manually whereas the wonderful Contour USB does all that for you....

Now with iPhones and all the apps, the internet and all the technology you'd have thought someone would have put this into some simple software and hardware for diabetes by now. As great at the Contour is...it's still decades behind things like iPods and iPhones.

Bah!

Back to pen and paper :(

Heidi,
Check the import options in CoPilot. I think there used to be one where you could import data from another meter's software. So you may be able to use the software which comes with the contour, the import the data into copilot and use it as before.

A bit long winded, but all your data would be in the same place and in software you like.

I get that CoPilot is great I would be tempted to record more info, but once you have added said informaton what do you do with it, how do you view/analyse it in CoPilot??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back