Diabetes Remission

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kbear

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I was diagnosed with Type 2 about 9 / 10 weeks ago. Bloods were 50. Have since then lost 2 stone. Today got results of new blood test. Bloods were 40! GP has took me off the awful Metmorfin - I am so happy. Need to stick to my diet changes and they will recheck in 3 months.

Well done, that's good work!

Well done on your great progress so far!

Some sources class 2 HbA1c results below 48 with no medication 3 or more months apart as meeting the criteria for remission.

You have been done brilliantly. Keep going!

That's amazing news @Kbear. How did you lose 2 stones? What diet changes did you make? 🙂

That's amazing news @Kbear. How did you lose 2 stones? What diet changes did you make? 🙂
Hi - cut out white bread / pasta / rice. Replaced with wholemeal. Have sweet potatoes. Mozzarella cheese. Turkey mince. Cauliflower rice / loads of fish / piling veg up on plate. Lived on toast for breakfast before but been having 2 egg omelette some days now. Lunches mainly salad / chicken but wholemeal pitta and not bread / soups. It feels like changes to my usual diet have not been major, but jeeeee reading labels made me learn to check for carbs and the sugar level. I was a bugger for grabbing a sausage sandwich - now have turkey sausage if the urge happens. Bought loads of lentil crisps and bags of curry flavour chick peas for days when I needed to snack. I've just had to learn to be more prepared when going out - taking lunch to work instead of lunch with the team in the variety of eating places by office still had a drink treat at weekend. During that 9 weeks I went away twice - Amsterdam and Benidorm - probably drank more than I should have but overall managed to make good food choices x

@Kbear those actually sound like small changes/ tweaks which have had a huge difference to your diabetes overall. Hopefully your bloods will continue to be lower in 3 months time too. Keep us posted! :D

I was diagnosed with Type 2 about 9 / 10 weeks ago. Bloods were 50. Have since then lost 2 stone. Today got results of new blood test. Bloods were 40! GP has took me off the awful Metmorfin - I am so happy. Need to stick to my diet changes and they will recheck in 3 months.
That’s brilliant, well done .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back