Diabetes Police - take action?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shelb1uk

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi all...was just thinking, I know Didka is taking off and is busy busy but how about another campaign to help raise awareness and try to reduce the amount of diabetes police????

What do we think, lots of us obv feel strongly about it??? I don't mind starting a facebook group to raise awareness as a start maybe???

'DIABETES - DONT BELIEVE THE MYTHS' !!! or DIABETES - WANT TO KNOW THE TRUTH? We could list all the most annoying things said and then think of ways to raise awareness of the truth?

Might be stepping on DUK's toes or others maybe tho??

I was reading Aymes post about it and just think god that realllllyyyyy annoys me too, and I know it annoys Circle D too, so it's a common problem.

Not exactly sure what angle it would go with am just writing down my initial thoughts as they enter my head....feel free to tell me no haha!

S x

I have come across loads of people no matter how much you try ro educate them or how nicely you do it will still belive the myths until diabetes comes along and smacks them in the face with a bag of soggy sugar!

I think we need some kind of education for all those who don't understand, but am not sure the best way of going about it as there will still be a group of folks who don't want to understand.

very true....have been sat here with a puzzled face since I wrote that post.....it needs attention but is tricky!! x

The other thing me and a fellow diabetic were thinking of is a campaign to increase soft drinks for diabetics in pubs/bars/restaurants. For example, the only current options are diet coke or soda water - they dont serve diet lemonade (or any other fizzy drink), or any sugar free squash - leaving us with no choice really. (Maybe that's why I always resort to wine... 😱 )

I came across one pub where they sold water that was very slightly flavoured with fruit juice, there was something like less than 1/2 g cho in it. It made a nice change.

The other thing me and a fellow diabetic were thinking of is a campaign to increase soft drinks for diabetics in pubs/bars/restaurants. For example, the only current options are diet coke or soda water - they dont serve diet lemonade (or any other fizzy drink), or any sugar free squash - leaving us with no choice really. (Maybe that's why I always resort to wine... 😱 )

That's partly what DiDka is about!🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back