Diabetes Patients Need to Be Consulted to Improve Treatment, Study Suggests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Patients with type 2 diabetes who tailor their own treatment in cooperation with their doctor can reduce their risk of complications such as heart attack with up to 20 percent. This is the result of a new Danish study from the Research Unit for General Practice, University of Copenhagen.

Patients who cooperate with their general practitioner and set personal goals for treatment while receiving continuous feedback from their doctor can reduce their risk of complications with up to 20 percent.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/04/130408142634.htm

No, really? That does surprise me! 🙄

No Shit Sherlock! Someone's braincell must have must have clicked in for a second to work that one out. I'm very nearly impressed.

I wonder how much that study cost, to work out the obvious? 🙄

There I was having regular checkups, doing what I was told, then GP decided I had heart problems due to being breathless. First diagnosed with leaking heart valve, this is not uncommon and often goes undiagnosed for years. Still breathless, so had an angiogram and told I needed some stents.

So off I go for some stents. One in, no problem, second one OK, third one they spotted the blood clot between the first and second. Most of it removed, but the last bit got me and gave me a heart attack and a few other problems.

Its like this, you do as you're told, take the meds, exercise and the diabetes can still get you when you least expect it. It is the unseen damage that is the problem. However, I still plan to live to 100. I like it here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back