Diabetes patients and carers being sought to help shape support services

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
PEOPLE who have experienced diabetes as a patient or carer are set to join GPs and health managers at four Patients in Control events to transform diabetes services for thousands of people across Mid Sussex, Crawley, and Horsham.

At the events patients, GPs and NHS managers will explore how best to approach changes to planning an individual's care; what's important when it comes to managing health and wellbeing; and how care and support should be delivered.

http://www.eastgrinsteadcourier.co....t-help-shape/story-26004113-detail/story.html

Why is there a picture of a man injecting into the vein at his elbow, and with the needle cap still on? :confused: What a totally rubbish and misleading picture! 😱 He's not even pressing the plunger! 🙄

Last edited:
isn't that how you inject? I've always had great success....

Are these people getting paid ? There is an very good meeting happening in the North East in a weeks time & this is what they are up too 😱

I know im type 2 and not on insulin yet - but i have a freind who would faint if he could even see the needle - he has had 3 blood samples in the last few months and has had to be brought round every time -so i assume this picture is for people like him and is under the 'health and safety' clause, or else - can you use the same needle to draw blood lol

Banjo - with T1 normally you feel so ruddy ill pre-diagnosis if they said we can cure it but it means amputating a limb without anaesthetic you'd just ask for the whisky and tell em to make it quick please.
I'm not joking.

I hate needles - is there anyone who'd deliberately choose to have one ever if there was any alternative? - but it's amazing how quickly you get used to it - like it or not! - when your flippin life depends on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back