Diabetes...not all doom and gloom!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lolavegas

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Ok its been a month, I feel fantastic, AWAKE the the first time in YEARS...my diet is so much better now that I have motivation to actually do it. Every three days or so I have a treat...a small kit kat or small piece of cake and I can actually TASTE it now, its like heaven and really appreciated as an occasional treat...I don't believe I actually tasted any chocolate or sweet things before the way I stuffed it in!

AND I have lost a stone...a whole stone!!

Don't feel bad if you have Diabetes it can make your life BETTER

Thats fantastic vegas and such a good post to show newbies and people who are worrying that diabetes is the end of the world that it can also have a positive effect on your life, your doing great and you sound like your feeling the best you ever have done.

Well done on the weight loss thats truly brilliant.

Thanks Lolavegas....................I was only diagnosed yesterday and your note has really made me feel quite positve on what the future holds for me.

I have got a meeting with the nurse at my surgery next Friday so will then have a better then of what I should and shouldnt be eating. I am determine to try and fit a leasta 30 minute brisk walk somewhere into my day.

The main sympton that brought the diabetes to my attention was I have thrush for the last 5 weeks on an off if hadnt been for that I probably would still be unaware. It was only when I looked on the internet as you do for information on Thursh that it kept mentioning diabetes that I then realised that I did have other symptons like drinking a lot more and of course going to the toilet for wee 🙂

Doctor has taken a swab from me to confirm that it is thrush..............Has anybody got any good remedies for soothing thrush its driving me mad.

Doctor has taken a swab from me to confirm that it is thrush..............Has anybody got any good remedies for soothing thrush its driving me mad.
Natural live yogurt take both ends a bit messy but it works and cools it all down. ps only use the plain one if appying both ends

Natural live yogurt take both ends a bit messy but it works and cools it all down. ps only use the plain one if appying both ends

Gail's right, that works for me too. I was first told about it for a yeast infection and tried it for Thrush out of sheer desperation.

Sensitive souls, don't read this bit

Ladies, if you get thrush like problems with your supplies at 'that time of the month' have a look at something called a Mooncup. I tried it before Aunty went AWOL and it worked well for me.

Sensitive souls, don't read this bit

Ladies, if you get thrush like problems with your supplies at 'that time of the month' have a look at something called a Mooncup. I tried it before Aunty went AWOL and it worked well for me.

Have often thought about a Mooncup but are they comfortable ? and are they safe if u know wot i mean

I had no problem with it, just make sure you get the right size. I did find I needed to change it a little more frequently and wouldn't recommend it at night, but it helped hugely with things like thrush and pain and was perfectly secure. Also Aunty left quicker.

Sheilagh - one of the symptoms that got me to the Doctor was raging thrush, absolute agony, eventually paid out for the million pound canestan pill which relieved it for a while, but to be honest, once I started Diabetes treatment it eased and a week later was gone.

I got Canesten Duo, pill and cream, from my G.P. and it worked really well for me.

Hi, asked my DSN about 'embarassing' itching etc. she suggested I take Cranberry capsules (rather than juice, too high in sugar) and this has worked so far so good 🙂 x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back