Status
Not open for further replies.

Admin

Staff member
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Verbatum from My Weekly Health News P55:
"Type 1 diabetes breakthrough?
Work is underway to develop SmartInsulin, a treatment for people with type 1 diabetes that would mean they would only need to inject the drug once a day, as opposed to the multiple injections they currently need every day.
With this new treatment, once injected, insulin would be released into the blood stream when blood sugar levels rose above a certain threshold, stopping when levels fell.
"

Sounds a bit too good to be true to me - and what about background levels...but then who thought pumps would exist...or pens for that matter...

Verbatum from My Weekly Health News P55:
"Type 1 diabetes breakthrough?
Work is underway to develop SmartInsulin, a treatment for people with type 1 diabetes that would mean they would only need to inject the drug once a day, as opposed to the multiple injections they currently need every day.
With this new treatment, once injected, insulin would be released into the blood stream when blood sugar levels rose above a certain threshold, stopping when levels fell.
"

Sounds promising!

http://www.technologyreview.com/biomedicine/21613/

Thank-you so much Northerner - I really had no time to investigate before I posted it. Well done xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back