Diabetes, Neuropathy and Charcot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicey1958

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I was diagnosed type 2 back in 2010, then, after the first ulcer in 2015, with Neuropathy. 2018 came along and I didn't even feel that I broke my ankle in 3 places and displaced my foot. My injury was described as something you see in a motorbike crash but not something you see walking. Maybe I went over on my ankle but didn't know, That says it all about Neuropathy. Anyway, after a lengthy op and a 'nail insertion up my Tibia, some work on my foot bones and shortening of the Fibula, I ended up with a fused ankle. The expertise of the Surgeons saved my leg. I'm on my 3rd minor op now to try to resolve reoccurring issues of underfoot ulcers. This time I'm very hopeful of them healing. I always try to look on the positive side and meet staff in Podiatry with a cheery smile and positive outlook even after 8 years. Podiatry staff I feel are never given the respect they deserve after listening to years of moans and groans in the waiting rooms. Anyway, I advise anyone who has the slightest doubt about sensations in their feet, get them checked, Cost you nothing if caught early on. If you don't it might cost you your leg.
Thanks for your time reading.
Geoff.

Thanks for sharing your experiences @nicey1958

Glad you’ve experienced such good care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back