'Diabetes made me do it': Dad who 'shot dead wife and future son-in-law

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
A morbidly obese diabetic accused of killing his wife and future son-in-law and shooting his heavily pregnant daughter in the abdomen said it was his deadly levels of blood sugar that prevented him from knowing what he was doing.
Kevin Satterfield, 51, from Kissimmee, Orlando, was arrested in May this year after going on the run following the murder of his wife Vicki, 53, and his daughter's fiance Christian Martinez, 27, at their three-bedroom home on April 30.
The court heard today that he was beating his wife around the head with a bedpost when his daughter and her boyfriend came in.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...njured-pregnant-daughter-blames-diabetes.html

And I suppose the 'high blood sugar levels' also 'forced' him to go on the run afterwards too! Cobblers!!

I do believe that sustained high BG affects your brain, but there again, you would have to have a brain in the first place for that to happen .....................

In the first report it says he went on the run, but in the second it describes him as bedbound!

Yup, and had significant amounts of gangrenous flesh removed. Well I guess that could make you a bit deranged?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back