Diabetes log book & food diary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruth Goode

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Im looking for a Diabetes log book & diary book I can use on my computer rather than keep booklet that get ruined or get lost, so do anyone know I can copy it off website to keep my diary on my computer?

Some people use an Excel spreadsheet for the purpose, or there are various options available either online (e.g. Arctic Medical's 'My Glucose Level' https://www.myglucoselevel.co.uk/ (not free)), or perhaps your meter has software available for you to upload readings and add insulin and other details. I have software for my Accu Chek meters, which was free - I can't endorse any of the other products as I haven't used them.

Novo Nordisk have a downloadable diary at: http://www.novonordisk.nl/media/webkit/kit/info/diary/diary.asp

Hope this helps a little! 🙂

Lots of people find it worth carrying an A4 sheet of paper with tables printed to make notes, then transcribe to computer when convenient. A pencil cut in half or a short biro (often found on pavements outside betting shops) is often easier to carry with folded up pape. Booklets tend to be bulky and inconvenient.

When I am keeping a diary I find an exercise book in my bag and a pen works well. I then make time a couple of times a week to transcribe on to an excel spread sheet. I find the advantage of an excel spread sheet is I can customise it to my needs.

But an exercise book and full size pen won't fit in a cag or rucksack pocket...

I tend to use an Excel clone (Sun's Open Office) and if I'm out, make notes of what I eat and drink on my phone calendar. I have a pedometer I wear all day that records the distance covered. I stopped doing it for a while but have started again recently just in case all these wobbles I've been having are food related. It all goes on the spreadsheet so I can track things and see what's happening. It clearly shows that the highest highs and lowest lows have nothing to do with what/when I eat or how much exercise I'm getting, ay least when compared to my original diary. I seem to be at my highest in late morning and my lowest in the middle of the night and I'm currently veering between the low 3s and the high teens, regularly hitting 17 or 18. My doctor is fascinated by it and reckons it could be a very valuable thing to take with me when I see the consultant.

My phone and laptop talk to one another so I can transfer data really easily which saves a lot of time. I don't tend to use actual pen and paper as I'm always losing such things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back