Diabetes in Scotland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love comment 8 😛:

When Scotland gets its freedom from The English there will be no fat people.

So that's the cure..🙄

Those who leave the comments Can be an entertaining bunch at times. I wish the cure was that simple but it is not:D as For the report well where is that takeaway menu & the nearest Chipper 🙄😱.

There is a few gems among the quotes

I dunno if has ever occured to these journalists that perhaps diabetes has becoming more and more diagnosed now than years ago because there has been so much focus on tellin people to get checked eg in local pharmacys and thats the reason for the increase and not just this whole junk food nonsense...

whats the point in highlighting the fact that health is important and pop into boots to check for a,b &c, then to become another statistic for doing so...

maybe just me who thinks that:confused: lol

You're right Lou, it would be better if they gave us a better breakdown of all those numbers. Some ethnic groups are also more prone to develop diabetes as well and weight may not be an issue, people are living longer, better access to testing - except after you've been diagnosed, of course, when testing then becomes a big issue!

Don't get me wrong as I love Scotland, my partner is Scottish and I will be moving up there at some point in time.. but I have never seen such a high fat diet before, go into a chippy and you can buy deep fried pizza, you name it you can get it deep fried.. went into one place in Motherwell with my partner she had fish and chips and I went for gammon... it arrived .... deep fried!!!! it tasted nice I have to say, you can get macaroni pies.. her ex hubby cooks everything in the deep fat frier.. it amazes me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back