diabetes free!! grrr

Status
Not open for further replies.

smile4loubie

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
"I know with me it gets better all the time, my Doctor says I'm on my way to be Diabete's free within the year if things keep the way they are."
" mines had the opposite effect as ive got older the worse its got perhaps i am just a rare diabetic !"

These comments was on a status by Diabetes Daily on facebook. I know its American but thats not the point is it. No-one can be diabetes free surely.
And as for rare diabetic - what is that!
GRRRR!!!!!

I'm guessing here but you may have spotted the increase in the number of diabetics in the UK, because they moved the goal posts (i.e. the definition/measurements for diabetes esp. T2).

So I presume it is possible for a T2 who is T2 due largely to being overweight to reduce their weight and modify their diet so that they can no longer be judged diabetic.

I suspect it's the usual oversimplification that some diet and exercise controlled diabetics can achieve good levels of control - as long as they stick to their diet and exercise!

As for rare diabetics, I think we are all rare - in fact we are unique! 🙂

I think anyone who deludes themself that they used to be diabetic but can now relax is very foolish indeed.

A GP friend, not my GP, said that if my blood results had been as they are now before diagnosis then I would not have been diagnosed as diabetic. However, my eye test has shown early changes due to diabetes and they would have been missed if my GP had decided I was not diabetic.

As another thread says, diabetes can be more or less invisible.

I agree, if you lose the ability to regulate your own glucose, wether u r fat or skinny, you are diabetic...............period...........

But its good that your control is bang on............well done...........

Dont those comments just make you laugh? :D

I find I just ignore them, because I usually cant be bothered to put people right, I know some will frown on that and say "educate" but seriously for most, it would take more than a few sentences to educate, and I really cant be bothered with them.

someone at work, just yesterday, actually said to me, "My sister is diabetic, you know the kind that is due to being overweight, she is so trying to loose weight, cos she is scared to death she will end up a type one if she doesnt"😱:(😱

Dont those comments just make you laugh? :D

I find I just ignore them, because I usually cant be bothered to put people right, I know some will frown on that and say "educate" but seriously for most, it would take more than a few sentences to educate, and I really cant be bothered with them.

someone at work, just yesterday, actually said to me, "My sister is diabetic, you know the kind that is due to being overweight, she is so trying to loose weight, cos she is scared to death she will end up a type one if she doesnt"😱

Heaven forfend! 😉 They know diabetes is bad, why is there no simple way to let them know it's ALL bad? Or, at the very least, not in the least bit desirable!

Heaven forfend! 😉 They know diabetes is bad, why is there no simple way to let them know it's ALL bad? Or, at the very least, not in the least bit desirable!

you remind me some parents "what kind of diabetes is graham is he a very bad one ?" all diabetes is bad is it especially if you are a child i think some parents are so thick!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back