Diabetes Family Groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

799roger

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hello, I am looking to form a new diabetes family group affiliated to Diabetes UK in Peterborough, the reasons for this are many but one satnds out, childrens diabetes services in Peterborough are seperate from the adult services, we have just had built a brand new centre for diabetes care but children are not included, I believe that all diabetes services should be in one place so continuity of care is available from childhood to adult services, it only seems logic to me but it is difficult to get the PCT's to understand, I am just asking is this a problem all over the UK or just in some parts I would welcome your comments.:confused:

Is the centre PCT funded? Because I believe that most children go to hospital clinics and see the diabetes/peads teams there rather than seen in the community.

Yes the Center is funded by the PCT, it has been set up for long term conditions mainly Diabetes, the adult services have been moved to the centerer and the children's services have been left in the hospital, adult diabetes is seen as a condition not needing treatment in an acute hospital so has been moved, logic says that the children's services should be in the same building, the children's nurse is employed in the building with the rest of the diabetes nursing team, the hospital is a depressing place for children so to deny them this new facility is stupidity at its hight, once again common sense has left the building:(

Hi Roger, I think we've met before at the Diabetes UK thank you event for the Eastern region this year (at Ickworth house) i was with Fiona F. I am the secretary for the Herts and Essex Children's Diabetes Support Group so if i can help with anything just give me a shout 🙂

Becca, mum to 7 year old, (dx 2006) pumping Medtronic 522

Hi, yes I remember, have you got an email address I can con tact you on, Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back