Diabetes Distress , Burnout etc ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been a Type 1 Diabetic for 40 years and am still here and living a nearly normal life. I can understand your feelings but you will be fine as long as you do what you are told by your medical team.

you will be fine as long as you do what you are told by your medical team.
That might be true for a type 1 but for a type 2 it very much depends how useful your team are

Sorry to hear you’re feeling less than positive @Taffyboyslim. Sending (((hugs))).

You get good days and bad mate . Like everything in life . I've had this for 56 years Type 1 we all go through the same things were only human . Not robots . You will find a routine that suits you Trial and error..

Can I suggest you contact a local support group. Those who attend these groups tend to be knowledgable on the condition and have already been where you are. they can share experiences and possible solutions.

Good luck and don't give up. you will get over this and if you are really struggling give the Caroline a ring. they are there to help.
Piglet

Hi Taffy, I’m 72 and have been T2 for over 22yrs, most gp’s just tinker with diabetes, is your nurse a community diabetic nurse? If not get your gp to refer you to them, in my experience they are the experts.

Can I suggest you contact a local support group. Those who attend these groups tend to be knowledgable on the condition and have already been where you are. they can share experiences and possible solutions.

Good luck and don't give up. you will get over this and if you are really struggling give the Caroline a ring. they are there to help.
Piglet

You mean the careline on here ?

Hi Taffy, I’m 72 and have been T2 for over 22yrs, most gp’s just tinker with diabetes, is your nurse a community diabetic nurse? If not get your gp to refer you to them, in my experience they are the experts.

Not available here , my nurse is the gp practice nurse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back