Diabetes ?could Be Beaten By Cannabis Pill?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Scientists have discovered that a powerful chemical component of the illegal drug can regulate blood glucose levels.

The pill’s makers say the potential new treatment has shown “promising results” and could become a major new weapon in the fight against Type-2 diabetes.

A simple pill to tackle the condition will be welcomed by the millions already struck down by the illness.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/361226/Diabetes-could-be-beaten-by-cannabis-pill-

Although the condition can be turned if people adopt simple lifestyle changes to help them lose weight

Grrrrr!!! 😡 Yes, it's that easy 🙄

Yup and I didn't know that T2 was just lack of insulin. You'd think the NHS would just tell em to lose all that flab and give em insulin, wouldn't you?

Suggest all T2s sprint to their docs and tell them they'd like insulin now please, cos it's easy.

I've read lots of posts on these boards by people with type 2 diabetes who have reduced their medication (or even stopped taking medication completely) by losing weight through diet and exercise, so I think the statement quoted by Northerner in #1 is correct - it does say "can be turned, if", not is always turned by... and it doesn't say "easy" just "simple".

Certainly not the worst example of poor reporting I've seen, so some credit given where some credit is due.

However, a good friend of mine who has multiple sclerosis (MS) says that when she was in a trial to use cannibis to control her condition, she felt woosey at doses way below any postive effects.

The implication is that it is easy, it's so simple that anyone could do it if they just tried, implying that those who find it difficult to achieve mustn't really be trying. That's how I read it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back