Diabetes clinic at the hospital

Status
Not open for further replies.

caroleann

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Do you think if i was to ring the Diabetes clinic at the hospital that they might help me,as you know im not to impressed with my doctor or DN,even if its just for some general info,i have asked the doc and the DN on a few accations if they will refer me to a dietition but they wont they just say they are like gold dust,but surely no matter how long i have to wait for an appointment i still have the right to see one.

Our hospital clinic has an open clinic of tuesday lunchtimes and the staff are always happy to be contacted by phone at any other time, they have an ansaphone but try to reply the same day.
I got an appointment with a dietitian through my GP first (still waiting for info from the hospital, year and a half later), it was only an hour and just the one appointment and i'll confess, i learnt nothing new. I did have a cry at the woman though and she did report this back to my GP (which might explain why he thinks i'm an emotional wreak . I do think that this is the bare minimum that should be availible for any newly diagnosed diabetic. Go ahaed, ask your hospital but don't expect fast results.

Our hospital clinic has an open clinic of tuesday lunchtimes and the staff are always happy to be contacted by phone at any other time, they have an ansaphone but try to reply the same day.
I got an appointment with a dietitian through my GP first (still waiting for info from the hospital, year and a half later), it was only an hour and just the one appointment and i'll confess, i learnt nothing new. I did have a cry at the woman though and she did report this back to my GP (which might explain why he thinks i'm an emotional wreak . I do think that this is the bare minimum that should be availible for any newly diagnosed diabetic. Go ahaed, ask your hospital but don't expect fast results.
Hi
I have been diabetic for about 9 years and the most help i have had is from this forum.
carole

Hi
I have been diabetic for about 9 years and the most help i have had is from this forum.
carole

I was diagnosed in 2006 and I too have had more help from this forum than anything else.

Try the link suggested earlier, and also try phoning the clinic att he hospital or going in person. They will either allow you to refer yourself, or refer you back to your doctor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back