Diabetes can be overcome by mind-set

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I WAS ten years old when I was diagnosed with diabetes. I had been feeling unwell for some time, and one evening I was rushed into hospital with excruciating stomach cramps. I was underweight, severely dehydrated and became unconscious.

When I was told I had diabetes – and after I realised that the 'di' didn't mean I was going to die – I was determined this would never stop me and I would do everything I could to live my life the way I wanted.

Diabetes can be a very demanding condition both physically and, especially, psychologically.

However, it doesn't have to be this way – when it comes to diabetes we can ditch any doom and gloom by changing our focus and taking a completely fresh, positive and proactive approach. No matter how challenging or desperate things may seem at times, there's always something we can do.

Now, with more than 21 years' personal experience of living with type 1 diabetes and working professionally in the field of mind body medicine, I've seen first-hand how we can experience phenomenal change when it comes to using our mind to help overcome diabetes.

http://www.nottinghampost.com/Diabetes-overcome-mind-set/story-22819462-detail/story.html

I just looked at the title of this one and thought it was going to be another of these "diabetes is all in the mind" type stories and was getting ready to get very cross! Oops... 😱 :D

I just looked at the title of this one and thought it was going to be another of these "diabetes is all in the mind" type stories and was getting ready to get very cross! Oops... 😱 :D

You weren't alone! 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back