Diabetes campaigner voices concerns to MP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
A CAMPAIGNER has called for action to tackle poor diabetes healthcare in Colchester.

Colchester’s Chris Chaplin, 67, who has Type 2 diabetes, travelled to Westminster to meet MP Sir Bob Russell as part of a lobbying event organised by Diabetes UK to launch its State of the Nation 2015 report.

The report revealed the poor state of diabetes healthcare in England is fuelling a major health crisis, which is leading to huge costs for the NHS.

Mrs Chaplin urged Sir Bob to write to the Secretary of State for Health, Jeremy Hunt.

http://www.gazette-news.co.uk/news/local/11755536.Diabetes_campaigner_voices_concerns_to_MP/

I have had Excellent care from ALL NHS staff ! Not all nurses are trained in Diabetic care but can not fault them really.

I've had excellent care too Hobie - but I've also had absolutely LOUSY care too.

So it's luck being in the right place at the right time. Plus of course - you and I have had the assistance of proper hospital consultants and proper DSNs mostly, because we are T1.

T2's normally don't have access to such clinics or specially trained people unless they are already half dead with a complication or three beforehand. Sad - but true.

T1s these days aren't automatically referred to hospital clinics - unless they have complications. I once thought of changing my GP surgery instead of out of my house and 8 minutes drive to the right, the same distance to the left. The surgery nurse said I wouldn't be able to attend the hospital any more, even as a T1 as a new patient !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back