Diabetes Awareness Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monica

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Last Tuesday, at our local diabetes children's support group it was suggested we asked our schools whether they would do a non-uniform day or a cake stall in support of the Diabetes Awareness Week. As both the schools my daughters go to hold non-uniform days, I was wondering how I'd go about organising it (provided the heads will give permission). Anyone got any tips please???

Have the schools got active PTAs? Or perhaps there is a Special Needs Cordinator you could speak to who may be able to help?

Thanks Caroline. I went on the Diabetes UK website to have a look. I requested an event pack. Will see what info that will give. Of course, first things first, I will have to speak to the heads to see if they will give permission.

yeah i tried this... i sent emails to all the local schools...its hard to get into... but some advice was given to me after in the shape of when you contact them... word it in the way of what can you do for them and how is if going to benefit them.. maybe with some fact and figures.... all the best...

lee

Well, I'm going to see the head at my younger daugher's school, where I also work. They have a newly diagnosed child now and my diabetic daughter used to go there too. So I'm hoping she'll be willing to hold a non-uniform day or a denim day.

I'm also going to my diabetic daughter's school to see whether they would do it. They held a pink day for cancer, so I'm hoping they will hold a denim day for Diabetes.

Fingers crossed... let you know how I get on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back