Diabetes Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Diabetes Apps, are they a happy happenstance - where technology wins over pathology - or a counterproductive hypertrophy of data? This article will open this Pandora?s Box.

The number of Apps (application software) for smart phones has expanded exponentially in recent times: with hardware add-ons that enable glucose monitoring and the recording of data; the storage of data for patient self-care or for upload to the ?Cloud? for access by their healthcare professionals. There are Apps that offer advice about diet, lifestyle, and disease management.

But are these Apps of real benefit to the patient and do they augment or retard physician interventions?

http://www.glycosmedia.com/updates/quarterly_0512.htm

Depends on the App really LOL

I tried to buy the Carbs & Cals App today on my new phone (didn't have Android before and just used the book) and I'd done everything except click the link where it takes the dosh - when it decided its battery needed recharging that very instant and gave me basically 2 choices ie 'Crash' or 'Burn'. So I had to choose Crash and abandon it, and plug the ruddy thing in.

Is it normal for them to lose their charge so suddenly after 24 or so hours when they are first new? And does it improve after X no of charges?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back