Diabetes anniversary

Status
Not open for further replies.

imtrying

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Happy 18th anniversary to my diabetes 😛

it's a pain in the backside, it's constant, it's annoying, but I couldn't imagine my life without it and it's helped make me the person I am today.

Hey i had my first anniversary last year and i thought id never cope but i did , and i guess now im stuck with it ill get used to that time of the year, so have you any plans to celebrate if thats the right word?
For mine I cooked the first ever meal i ate once i was diagnosed x

Hey Katie, you announced that with your 18th post! 🙂 You have a very good attitude towards your diabetes, so 'Happy 18th Anniversary'. It's now old enough to drink beer! :D

...it's helped make me the person I am today.

Totally agree with this, Katie. My diabetes has definitely helped make me who I am.

Well done for being so positive about it. Hope you've been rewarded with good BG today!

Happy Anniversary Katie 🙂

ah thanks everyone 🙂

Totally agree with this, Katie. My diabetes has definitely helped make me who I am.

Well done for being so positive about it. Hope you've been rewarded with good BG today!

haha i've done the opposite and rewarded myself with no blood tests so far...but don't think I'll be able to go all day so fingers crossed it's all ok when I do do one!

Hey Katie, you announced that with your 18th post! 🙂 You have a very good attitude towards your diabetes, so 'Happy 18th Anniversary'. It's now old enough to drink beer! :D

lol how fitting! (and I never would have noticed that!)

Hey i had my first anniversary last year and i thought id never cope but i did , and i guess now im stuck with it ill get used to that time of the year, so have you any plans to celebrate if thats the right word?
For mine I cooked the first ever meal i ate once i was diagnosed x

Steffie, you will be fine. I am thankful that I was diagnosed when I was as I was 10 years old and it was before I had charge of my own life, so I don't think my diagnosis and change of life was anywhere near as traumatising as for someone diagnosed any time from their teenage years on. i can't imagine how hard that would be. but in a few years down the line, it will all be second nature to you and you'll forget how you used to just eat what you wanted!

and I have no celebration meals planned - my first meal would have been a hospital meal as I was admitted when I was diagnosed and put on insulin and saline drips for a whole week!

Happy anniversary katie's diabetes. :D

Every day is a new adventure with the big D.

Rob

Happy 18th Anniversary Katie, seems odd saying this, but by your positive attitude towards your condition I do feel that it is appropriate on this occasion!🙂 Mind you've got me thinking now, has diabetes shaped us into the person we are today?...................I'll have to think about this one!:confused: Toby.

Mind you've got me thinking now, has diabetes shaped us into the person we are today?...................:confused: Toby.

Most definitely ! (but not always for the better 😱)

Rob

Happy 18th Anniversary Katie, seems odd saying this, but by your positive attitude towards your condition I do feel that it is appropriate on this occasion!🙂 Mind you've got me thinking now, has diabetes shaped us into the person we are today?...................I'll have to think about this one!:confused: Toby.

i like to think that everything we've been through in our lives has shaped us to how we are now, so that would include D 🙂

I was diagnosed on the 4th of April 2000 so yesterday marked 10 1/2 years of me being Diabetic. Getting diagnosed just 2 months before my 18th Birthday was not good, and I did rebel a bit, though I really do try to control it far more now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back