Diabetes and steroid injection

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoventryTrev

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 3c
I found out yesterday that diabetes and steroid injections don't mix.
I had a steroid nerve block injection put into my groin at 4pm then my numbers went stupidly high a few hours later. Highest was 30.1 at 11pm with ketones on 0.5
Slowly coming down now (1am sitting on 26)
My consultant mentioned I might need another steroid injection in the future...... I don't think so!!
It's going to be a long night.

I had a steroid nerve block injection put into my groin at 4pm then my numbers went stupidly high a few hours later. Highest was 30.1 at 11pm with ketones on 0.5
My consultant mentioned I might need another steroid injection in the future...... I don't think so!!
Trev, hopefully your really bonkers numbers could be just a few days. Hold fire on any future options until you understand what benefits you might have from the injection.

I’ve had a couple (before diagnosis, so no idea on blood glucose impacts), but after a few days it can be like magic.

Fingers crossed for you.

if your numbers are worrying you, please seek help.

I’ve had two or three steroid injections in my shoulders and don’t recall any high sugars. But in my opinion I would have put up with them for a couple of days to get rid of the pain I had been enduring. Drink plenty of water, and keep checking your ketones. Good luck.

Are you taking insulin, if so just increase your insulin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back