Diabetes and other problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nattiemac

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi everyone, I'm a newbie on here and I have a question......
Iv been T1 from the age of 11 months old I'm now almost 37 so it's been a long time, I was diagnosed with underactive thyroid when I was 12-13 and last year I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia even tho I had the symptoms for about 2 years previous and now my blood pressure shot up and stayed up I'm now on ramipril. I also have a frozen shoulder that started in may/June 2019 and is still the same, I'm wondering if anyone else has had something similar happen?
Thankyou

Last edited:
Welcome @nattiemac 🙂 A few people here have had frozen shoulders because I remember reading their stories about it going through stages. Yours has gone on for a bit of a time though. Have other causes been ruled out?

I think @trophywench had a shoulder problem. I have a shoulder issue myself but it’s not frozen. There’s something catching on the bone or tendon. Could there be something additional like that going on? The fact that you’ve also got hip and knee problems is worrying. Do you think they’re somehow connected? Inflammation, back problem?

I'd damaged (ripped) a tendon in my shoulder with over enthusiastic delivery of aces playing tennis, the tendon had healed, but in doing so because I deliberately didn't move it as that was painful, all my own fault doing it and then not seeking medical attention until a lot later - the ruddy thing had built up nodules which had calcified and those were then catching on nerves so OWWW! since the human anatomy does not make allowance for them being there, unsurprisingly.

Physios can be blooming good for all sorts of things - sorted my shoulder - BUT because you also have hip and knee probs, fair enough so you've been told by someone medically qualified (presumably) that it ain't arthritis, but what else are they also investigating? Because summat's causing it, and it absolutely isn't diabetes, mate!

cos I thought (obviously from your answer!) erroneously that you knew something about fibromyalgia and T1D. Sorry.
Ah ok no sorry I don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back