Diabetes and Magnesium Spray

annettemcd

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi I have type 2 diabetes and also osteoarthritis and a stoma! I suffer from cramp in my legs usually when I wake up in the morning. I can only describe it as agonising, so wondered if anyone has used or is using Magnesium spray that you can spray directly onto the calves of your legs? It was recommended to me by a friend but I didn't know if I can use it because of the diabetes. I have googled it but there doesn't seem to be any advice either way. I have contacted my GP but it takes ages for them to respond to any queries so was hoping someone on here might know?
Many thanks for reading this
Annette

Hi I have type 2 diabetes and also osteoarthritis and a stoma! I suffer from cramp in my legs usually when I wake up in the morning. I can only describe it as agonising, so wondered if anyone has used or is using Magnesium spray that you can spray directly onto the calves of your legs? It was recommended to me by a friend but I didn't know if I can use it because of the diabetes. I have googled it but there doesn't seem to be any advice either way. I have contacted my GP but it takes ages for them to respond to any queries so was hoping someone on here might know?
Many thanks for reading this
Annette
I also sometimes get calf cramps, more likely to happen if I am dehydrated and drinking helps. But I also find the magnesium gel very helpful so I sure the spray will be just as effective if you are one of the people it works for.

I am pretty sure I have heard a couple of other forum members mention using Magnesium spray or gel for cramp. I think @Inka is one and @Leadinglights may be the other. Hopefully they can share their experience.

I’ve just started using magnesium spray for RLS. It’s early days and it may be a coincidence but my legs have been mostly fine. I don’t get RLS all the time it comes in waves, I can go weeks without then weeks with it. I bought it as it’s supposed to relieve anxiety and help you sleep better. I’m not seeing the benefits of that yet! But as someone who hasn’t slept through the night in over 40 years I’m not expecting miracles! Just a word of warning if you take magnesium in tablet form I believe you need to reduce the spray. It’s all in the instructions. I spray 2/3 squirts in my elbow pits and behind my knees, massage in, then my calves. At nearly £20 I’ll carry on using it, you never know, I might get a full eight hours along the way!

I am pretty sure I have heard a couple of other forum members mention using Magnesium spray or gel for cramp. I think @Inka is one and @Leadinglights may be the other. Hopefully they can share their experience.

Yes,I use the magnesium gel and have found it excellent. I was having agonising cramps at night and the magnesium gel stopped them in a few days. I read that the gel is better than the spray for cramps. Brilliant stuff! This is the one I use:

Magnesium Gel

Back