Diabetes and HRT

Status
Not open for further replies.

bridge

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi has anyone experienced changes to blood glucose levels when taking utrogestan and oestrogel? I’m struggling with a lot of hypos suddenly and can’t find any info to suggest it is the HRT.

It may well be due to the HRT. One of the symptoms of the menopause is general fatigue.so the HRT corrects that by tuning up your body, turning the clock back to your younger days. More energy needs feeding, so you you may find a slight reduction in your basal insulin will fix that. You will find your hair will improve its texture.

You may well not find any info about HRT and Type 1, because Type 1 is relatively rare, and so is HRT, but that is getting more widely used now, since most of the early studies that suggested an increase in breast cancer have been discredited.

It may well be due to the HRT. One of the symptoms of the menopause is general fatigue.so the HRT corrects that by tuning up your body, turning the clock back to your younger days. More energy needs feeding, so you you may find a slight reduction in your basal insulin will fix that. You will find your hair will improve its texture.

You may well not find any info about HRT and Type 1, because Type 1 is relatively rare, and so is HRT, but that is getting more widely used now, since most of the early studies that suggested an increase in breast cancer have been discredited.
Thanks Mikey
That’s interesting to hear. My doctor is not sure but I am seeing diabetes consultant soon. I was using patch and gel previously but they changed me as after having covid the night sweats returned! Thanks for your comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back