Diabetes and chemotherapy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Royhan

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I have Type 2 diabetes and am currently undergoing chemotherapy for lymphoma. I have been losing weight without trying. What can I eat to help me put weight back on? Thank you.

Healthy fats and protein can form the basis of your diet but you could include things like full fat yoghurt or high protein yoghurt or the Quark deserts, nuts, eggs, avocado, high protein nut bars like Nature Valley, KIND or shop own low carb less than 10g per bar.
Sorry I didn't welcome you to the forum. I hope your treatment is going well.
You should perhaps ask your oncologist if the weight loss is normal with the treatment you are having otherwise it may be worth keeping in your mind that you may have Type1 or LADA rather than Type 2 as the unintended weight loss can be that. What are your blood glucose levels like.

My blood glucose levels are fluctuating depending whether or not I am receiving steroids as part of my treatment. They are generally ok

Any other food selections? I don’t like yogurts or avocado. Sorry to be so fussy

I have to eat lots of fats to keep my weight up. As well as those foods mentioned above, try cheese and double cream.

Any other food selections? I don’t like yogurts or avocado. Sorry to be so fussy
It might be worth you trying different brands of yogurts as definitely yogurts are not all the same. A world of difference between full fat Greek yoghurt and some of the low fat ones.

Do you like eggs? They're nutrient dense and low carb. Peanut butter too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back