Diabetes and blood thinners

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoventryTrev

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 3c
Afternoon everyone, I hope you are all keeping well.
I am T1 and on insulin since June 2022. I had a mild heart attack eight weeks ago and had a stent fitted.
I'm now on blood thinners for 12 months and these are a nightmare for diabetics! I use the Dexcom1 and the last two sensors have caused a lot of bleeding, the one i put on yesterday bleed for over 5 hours! I do a finger prick to test my blood and it's never a problem getting blood out anymore! Diabetes and heart attacks don't like each other!
I spoke to my GP today and he doesn't want to stop the blood thinners or the Dexcom. He wants me to try and put up with it and see how it goes.
After having my pancreas and spleen removed in June 2022 then a heart attack in July 2023, it's been a s#'t 12 months and I can't stop thinking what's next??

Hi Trev,
Sounds like you are having a tough time and best wishes for future.
Like you I am on blood thinners due to a continuing clot in one of veins leading to pancreas which CT scan revealed just last week.
Try and just hang in there and hopefully things will work there way through as the same CT scan revealed my pseudo cyst had gone away so some good news amongst the gloom of last my last 18 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back