Diabetes Acronyms

Status
Not open for further replies.

remrafs

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi,

Is there somewhere I can look up all these acronyms that are used on the site? What is MDI, DKA (I know DSN) and others that keep cropping up? I feel a bit stupid asking this, but surely I can't be the only one sitting there wondering what something means!

Suzanne

Suzanne - there is n such thing as a silly question here on this Forum

you ask away - that's how we all learn

Hmmm...we really need to start up a Glossary of terms on here!

Yes - good idea! Its easy to forget that a newly diagnosed person wont know all these terms we are used to. We also need one for pumps.🙂Bev

Someone at work said to me earlier "There's a TLA for everything these days" and I said "What's a TLA?"
"Three Letter Acronym"...

Then I felt dim!

I've thought of another one that's on here a lot, CGM, Continuous Glucose Monitor

Someone at work said to me earlier "There's a TLA for everything these days" and I said "What's a TLA?"
"Three Letter Acronym"...

Then I felt dim!

DIM ? Diabetes Insulin Movement ?

Perhaps after the holiday we can have a sticky for a couple of weeks with the acronyms in it? Might be helpful on ghte newbies board What does everyone else think?

Perhaps after the holiday we can have a sticky for a couple of weeks with the acronyms in it? Might be helpful on ghte newbies board What does everyone else think?

I agree with Caroline's idea .. Great .. Especially for the newbies on board ..

Heidi
xx🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back