Diabetes 3 month review appointment - still likely to happen with covid vaccinations happening?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi, I was diagnosed at the end of October and am due (I think?) a three month diabetes review.
Does anyone know if I should still be able to get one, as I got a text from my surgery and they were prioritising Covid vaccinations?
I'd like to know what my HbA1c is after losing weight and eating low carb, but I don't like to pester them when they're busy. HbA1c was 80mmol/mol at diagnosis, cholesterol, LDL and BP were also bad.
My fasting blood glucose averaged 5.1 for the last month, and the highest 2 hour post meal reading I got was 8.1 after I had a bowl of porridge to see what that would do to my BG. It's normally 6.5 ish, post meal.
I'm not sure how politely assertive I need to be if I phone the surgery to make the appointment, and maybe incur the wrath of the receptionist, or if I should just wait for covid numbers to subside a bit.

I think it will very much depend on your surgery but I would ring then and say Please can I book my 3 month HbA1C as I NEED to know how I am doing.

My surgery are doing vaccinations AND diabetes reviews.
No harm in requesting your review ... or just the blood test.

Can you not ask for the bloods to be done and view the result on line? No need to see anyone except the HCP taking the blood sample.
If your results are not on line then just ring and ask for them.

Making an appointment for the bloods is probably a good idea, I'll phone and ask the receptionist tomorrow and see what they say. I'm not very good at going to the doctors (makes me anxious), I'll bite the bullet and call them. Cheers for your help Pumper_Sue, Helli and LeadingLights 🙂

I think it will depend on your Surgery, I had my Diabetic Blood, weight , blood pressure, just before Xmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back